If your business expenses do not fit under any of the categories we have listed already, you may be eligible to claim them under our miscellaneous category.
Oncore provides the opportunity for you to salary package your business-related expenses. This is not a direct reimbursement of the expense but an offset against your taxable income resulting in greater take-home pay for you. The expenses that you can claim include your mobile phone, internet connection, software purchases, study, self-education, etc.
These are expenses that relate to your current contract that Oncore is managing.
Relevant Expenses include:
- Airport Lounge Membership
- Books, Magazines, and Newspapers
- Equipment Service & Repairs
- Office Supplies
- Expenses claimed must be related to the nature of your work
- Expenses of a private, domestic or capital nature (i.e. an item over the value of $330 inc GST) cannot be claimed
- A tax invoice is required to verify the claimed amount
- Where applicable, the tax invoice needs to be in your name
- Donations need to have been made to a recognised deductible gift recipient in order for it to be claimable.
If, after reading this article, you are still unsure what types of expenses you may be able to claim under this category, please either send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone us on 1300 654 484 and we will strive to answer any of your questions.