If part of your current contract through Oncore requires you to work from home, you may be eligible to claim some of the associated expenses through our Salary Packaging Service.
Oncore provides the opportunity for you to salary package your business-related expenses. This is not a direct reimbursement of the expense but an offset against your taxable income resulting in greater take-home pay for you. The expenses that you can claim include your mobile phone, internet connection, software purchases, study, self-education, etc.
These are expenses that relate to your current contract that Oncore is managing.
Relevant Expenses include:
- Heating, cooling, and lighting
- The decline in the value of office equipment
- Repairs to the home office
- Furniture and fittings
- This expense category applies where you perform some of your work from your home office.
- A fixed rate of 52 cents per hour for use of a home-based office can be claimed for work purposes. This rate encompasses heating, cooling, lighting, and the decline in value of furniture in your home office.
- Expenses outside of this rate such as office equipment can be claimed (within the allowable limit of $330 including GST) via the Tools & Equipment category or Miscellaneous where necessary (stationery etc)
- Occupancy costs such as rent, interest on mortgage or council rates and house insurance premiums cannot be claimed. Where the home is used as a place of business these expenses may be deductible on your personal tax return
- No receipts are required, however, the ATO requires that you keep records of your home office expenses, including tax invoices or other written evidence of these expenses.
If, after reading this article, you are still unsure what types of expenses you may be able to claim under this category, please either send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone us on 1300 654 484 and we will strive to answer any of your questions.